Planting Ranunculus in October!
Ranunculus are such a beautiful choice of flower, and Fall is the ideal time to plant! Here’s a little video of how we plant our Ranunculus every year. You all know tubers, bulbs, and seeds, but with ranunculus, we have “corms!” Be sure to soak them in water for a few hours before you plant them, and then when you plant them in your well draining soil, make sure that you send the little foot like piece downward because it will be the root of the beautiful plant!
As you all know, It’s the October Fittbe Challenge, and in addition to wonderful workouts, we are also celebrating this golden month with autumn themed activities! 🍁🍂🎃
Join the challenge in the Fittbe App, link: http://bit.ly/GetFittbePilates
Stay inspired with our two blogs:
Don’t forget to Pin it to your October Board!
50 Activities To Do while you’re stuck at home!
It can be hard during times like these to stay positive and excited about life when let’s face it, folks are a little down right now. But never fear, we’ve got a list of 50 activities to keep you busy while you’re stuck at home. Whether you’re busy working from home or are taking care of your kids, this list certainly has at least a few things to keep you busy during your homestay!
-Move furniture and vacuum behind and under it (Goodbye 3 year old dust bunnies!)
– Detail your car- Wash, Vacuum, squirt and spray, also while you’re at it top off all fluids!
– Clean gutters- it may not be fun but it’s certainly a good thing to do and you’ll be happy you did it too!
– Wash floors- Grab that bucket and a brush and scrub away!
– Clean Grout- While you have your bucket out from washing the floors, clean your tile grout too!
– Wash your windows, not sure about you but with the sun streaming in we’re definiltiy seeing windows in need of washing
– Tune up your lawnmower- There are tons of great lawnmower tutorials on youtube you can look at to make you mower function at its best.
– Tidy your laundry room, it’s probably one of the rooms you spend lots of time in, why not keep it clean and organized
-Try to cook a new recipe with things from your cupboard/fridge
⁃Bake cookies- Chocolate chip, oatmeal, shortbread, so many options!
-Make homemade bread
-Try making homemade pasta
– Try a new cocktail recipe
– Make chocolates
⁃Do some gardening, finally prune those trees, weed that bed, org
⁃Have a picnic in your backyard
-Jump rope- Good for your heart rate and it’s fun too!
-Walk with kids and make a game of finding/identifying flowers- Tulips, Daffodils, H
-Go for a bike ride
⁃Find a new workout app so you can workout at home (try fittbe!)
⁃Go for a walk
⁃Head to the local lake and go kayaking or paddle boarding
-Organize your digital or printed photos, something you probably rarely have time to do normally
-Organize your garage- it can be daunting but take it one section at a time.
⁃Organize your closet, go through clothes and figure out what you want to keep or not
⁃Organize cabinets/drawers- office and kitchen! Sort things to donate and keep!
⁃Watch a movie that you’ve been wanting to look at for a while
⁃Rearrange living room furniture
-Make a flip book
⁃Learn a new card game, cribbage, euchre, gin, bridge
⁃Start that blog!
⁃Make seasonal cards
-Watch old family movies- you’re guaranteed a laugh or two during your trip down memory lane!
⁃Write a gratitude list
⁃Do a spa day, take a bath, paint your nails, do a facemask, drink tea and read a book
⁃Do a puzzle
⁃Tie Dye things
⁃Make homemade play dough
⁃Make homemade bath bombs
-do your taxes (not fun but must be done!)
– Learn how to tie useful knots
– Do a funny photoshoot
– Decorate for the next holiday (Easter)
⁃Unsubscribe from junk emails
⁃Make a new playlist of songs for the upcoming season
⁃Organize computer files
-have a virtual happy hour with friends
-research a DIY on YouTube
Hope this list of fun activities helps you live your best life during the quarantine time! Leave a comment below and let me know how you’re trying to stay positive and have fun during this time!
Stay healthy and wash your hands 😉