Happy New Year! 2023 is already shaping up to be a phenomenal year! We are kicking off the New Year with our new blog Northwest Favorites! We’re excited to share the best of northwest living! We hope it will inspire you wherever you are in this great big beautiful world. Join us as we talk about foods we’re loving, festivities, fitness and fun! We hope these posts bring you joy and some good ideas throughout the year to help make it your best and most present and beautiful year yet!
In this post we’re exited to bring you some delicious and healthy snacks to kickstart your new years diet. And by “diet,” we don’t mean some obsessive quest to reduce your intake of food. Nope, we mean nourishing your body with nature’s bounty! Maybe you resolved to eat better, lose weight or just eat more healthy snacks! We’ve rounded up 7 ideas that you will love so you enjoy a different healthy snack every day of the week.
- Celery with peanut butter and everything bagel seasoning or sesame seeds! This one is sure to please, it tastes great and adds tons of good protein to your diet!
- Olives are always a great snack. They’re so good for you. Olives are rich is Vitamin E and antioxidants, which can help reduce your risk of cancer, stroke, diabetes and heart disease- I’m not a huge fan of most olives (thought Christina is), but this year I’m happy to report that I found some I LOVE – try castelvetrano olives, they’re buttery and delicious, and they don’t disappoint. If you are new to olives, this is a variety you should definitely try.
- Kale ‘chips’ are such a great choice if you like the crunch of potato chips but not the fat. They’re full of flavor and you can eat a LOT of them – perfect for snacking on when watching football! We made a great Kale chips recipe, that you might enjoy!
- Roasted Chickpeas- A great source of protein and delicious to boot. You can really customize them by adding garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, herbs, etc. Make sure they’re really dry before roasting them so they’re extra crunchy! Some people think they taste like corn-nuts.
- Airpopped Popcorn- Air popcorn is so satisfying and you can add fun herbs to it too, like herbs or dried dill.
- DIY Trail mix is a great snack for ON the Go! Be careful though because nuts can have quite a few calories so be sure to keep an eye on portion control.
- Smoothies are always a great choice – they’re great to use up leftover fruits and veggies and they’re good for you to boot!
Give some of these healthy snacks a try and let us know what you think!
Love, Erika, Christina and Evelyn